Friday, March 18, 2005

How's it going?

Some times I really hate that question because it defies a one-word explanation. An example would be the week two years ago when my grandma died, two of my good friends got married, and conversation was re-initiated between me and a friend whom I had deeply wounded. I'm sure of my grandmother's salvation, I was happy my friends got married, and I was filled with joy at the opportunity for reconciliation. But how do you sum that up? I could have said, "I'm good" or "Ok" or "fine" but none of those answers satisfied the question. Sure the sum of events was good, but the stress, grief and joy were near overwhelming. Consequently a good number of people got an earful that week for asking a simple greeting. So let this post be a warning and an invitation: If you ask me, be prepared to listen, and if I ask, please answer as completely as you need.

1 Comments:

Blogger DAVE DACK said...

Will do...

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home