Sunday, February 27, 2005

Discomfort

So often we limit ourselves to a smaller god by not exploring the edges of comfort. I think God is outside of all of our constructs for Him. Recently I have been thinking about things I have heard, or believed or now believe that are contrary to the normal view of God. Well, perhaps not contrary in all cases, but simply larger or different. I do not believe all of these, but they are all points to ponder. And yes I know some of them can be debunked scripturally with no problem, but if that's the case try to relate to the type of person who would think such a thing.

The use of narcotic substances is universal, be it alcohol or a hallucinogen. I don't think God wants us to fire on all cylinders all the time. We can't handle it so he provided us with ways out.

What if "past life experiences" are Gods way of giving multiple chances for salvation.

If God is outside of time and he accepts death bed conversions, would it not be possible for someone who truly believed and then fell away to still retain salvation?

I disagree with abortion but I think it should remain legal. Before it was legalized young women would perform back alley abortions and not only kill the child, but themselves as well. At least while it's legal the woman lives.

I think we should drink at church. Alcohol has been in churches for centuries why not anymore?

God is a concept completely not of this reality. Is it so difficult to believe that people who have taken reality altering drugs might have a clearer understanding of God?

2 Comments:

Blogger DAVE DACK said...

It's easy for us to say, "B.S." to a lot of that stuff. But if someone is asking those questions and we blow them off as out of place, what good is that?

As for the last one... I think (meaning that I don't know for sure) God gave us the faculties to experience the world and His truth in a very intentional way. Altering that way is bad, I think, especially since reality-altering drugs eat holes in your brain and re-make reality to include FBI conspiracies and large, awkward monster-things.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beg your pardon! I need no holes in my brain to concoct FBI conspiricies or awkward monster things. Sorry I wasn't at biblestudy tonight, I was baking weeds. Thanks for the response.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home