Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Do Do

I was reminded yesterday in two vivid ways how Christian living can be viewed from differing perspectives. I went to a funeral for a distant relative who I felt was worthy of paying respects to. She was an incredible servant in the community and took the joy of Christ into every situation. The vast majority of the service was about those sort of things, the things she did. On the flipside earlier in the day I was talking to a friend (who happens to be one of my best friend's wife) who was trying to hook me up. The funny thing was that when describing my faith to the girl in question (who I am going to ask out BTW) my friend focused on the things that I didn't do. Doesn't party or smoke often, not into the whole sex before marriage thing, doesn't cuss too much....ect. True Christianity is both of those things - the actions and the inactions - but in my opinion and in my life I'd rather have the actions be remembered or noticed by others and by God. Who wants to be remembered for what they didn't do?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Naylor said...

Amen brother.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home